You're winner !
Alexander Stuart Mahan (shortly, Alex Mahan) (born: June 30, 1988 [age 32]), also known as YandereDev or formally known as EvaXephon, is an indie game developer. He is best known as the developer of Yandere Simulator.
He has developed a reputation as one of the most hated game developers of all time for various reasons listed in this page. He is still often mocked and parodied to this day.
Why He Sucks
- He's notorious for being very lazy, as he claims he is working on Yandere Simulator "8 hours every day". In fact, he even claimed he's working on the game "18 hours in a day" and even "12-hours a day, 7 days a week and not take any vacation". In reality, he actually streams games on Twitch. Although there's nothing wrong with taking a break from developing the game to stream, he does it too frequently, which halts progress on the game being made.
- Because of this, it took him 6 years to add a single rival (Osana) (out of the 10 rivals in the game) to Yandere Simulator.
- He also make a lot of weak excuses and blames other people for "slowing down" the development. In other words, he can't take any responsibility from his mistakes, like DSPGaming. For example, in his now-private 20-minute long "Yandere Simulator's Biggest Problem" video (thankfully, reuploads exist), he blamed his fans for the slow development cycle due to the "stupid emails", instead he can simply ignore the emails.
- After his assets got leaked in late June 2020, an indie programmer named DrApeis created a “recreated” version of Yandere Simulator called Love Letter (formerly Love Sick) which had most of its issues (such as optimization problems) fixed in only 2 weeks. Also, when YandereDev saw this, he got angry at DrApeis.
- He's also incompetent due to his terrible coding skills. He writes tons of redundant and downright atrocious code to his game, most notably excessive usage of (usually nested) "if, else if" statements. Furthermore, he also calls resource-consuming functions such as
GetComponent(), which allows you to get assets as an object by the assets' name, in his
Update()methods however, are called every single frame. This means that he's calling resource-intensive functions such as
GetComponent()every frame, severely impacting the performance of the game. However, while it is fine to have big if-else chains or to call
GetComponent()once in a while, his extreme usage of both severely hurts the performance of the game, as his if-else chains are usually more than fifty cases long, and he calls
GetComponent()hundreds of time per frame. 
- In addition, he has no idea how to use Unity and it clearly shows.
- He is more focused on adding easter eggs, worldbuilding, and extra features that don't impact the game in any meaningful way (or having his characters appear in other games) than making actual progress on any of the rivals and fixing the optimization issues and bugs. In fact, he believes there’s nothing wrong with the games optimization.
- He's a habitual liar and he has a history of breaking his promises. Some examples include (but not limited to):
- In the early development of Yandere Simulator, he said that he will delete the game when a popular Let's Player found his game and he denied to donations from websites like Kickstarter and Patreon. But when people found his game (like PewDiePie, Markipler and jacksepticeye) he didn't delete the game and created a Patreon.
- Yandere Simulator was originally planned to be released in 2019, but he changed it to "when it's ready" instead.
- He cannot take the slightest form of criticism, as such he deletes people's criticism on his subreddit, bans people in his Discord server, and false copyright strikes videos criticizing him and/or his game on YouTube. For example, he false copyright struck Yandere DataDigger's videos about him. He's also a drama king.
- Also, he thinks he's being "harassed" whenever someone posts a meme/joke about him, meaning that he cannot take memes/jokes at all.
- He is highly corrupt. His censorship policies can also extend to anywhere he cannot reach, such as Yandere Simulator Wiki's server.
- The way he bans people in his Discord server has led many YouTubers to the challenge of seeing who gets banned faster, with some even reaching a 0.01 mili second due to the fact that he uses bots to ban people quickly.
- When MikeZ (the main programmer of Skullgirls) gave him constructive criticism about his first game prototype, he did not listen.
- According to him, there's 48,512 users has been banned on his Discord server (as of July 13, 2020).
- He made a page on the official Yandere Simulator website with the sole purpose of debunking criticism that he has received regarding the game's development, progress, and himself. Most of the responses are summarized by himself as some variation of "No, I didn't/don't." and they're filled with lies and weak excuses, despite the evidence to the contrary.
- In addition, he doesn't think games improve from criticism.
- In his infamous "Hate and Shame" video, he portrayed himself as a young girl and critics as "gremlins", in order to play the victim card and get sympathy, which resulted in receiving a lot of backlash.
- Heck, he's so desperate of hiding criticism, he even attempted to delete his Let's Play/Horrible entry on TV Tropes, twice.
- He's not only a terrible game developer, but he's also a horrible person in general. He treats his fans and volunteers like trash and he usually insults people he doesn't like. He usually mistakes his fans as "trolls" or "haters" when they've asked a question about his game. In fact, he even told a viewer to kill themselves, twice on his Twitch stream.
- He banned one of his moderators for having DID (dissociative identity disorder). After this, he said he didn’t think Dissociative Identity Disorder was a real thing and was a “made up fantasy”. This lead to severe backlash and many moderators left. He later apologised to the moderator but kept him banned.
- He even said that autistic people shouldn't be born and that mentally retarded people deserved to die.
- He is a troll feeder without even knowing it.
- When we mean by that is that he often pays attention to those who troll him instead of the criticism, such as his aformentioned debunk page, discord bans and him confusing his fans as trolls.
- A good example of this is back when he used 4chan for updates on the game, instead of hearing the legitimate criticism given to him he only payed attention to those that insulted him. And instead of just ignoring he threw a fit about it and insulted them back.
- His voice and personality in his videos is completely fake, as it can be seen here and here. In fact, his acting is rather terrible, as he tries way too hard to be calm but it ends up as emotionless.
- Just like SgtMarkIV, he's a notorious edgelord who, among other things:
- Wrote a fanfiction involving a 17-year old girl with rape and sexual themes, this lead to many speculating that he is a pedophile or a pervert.
- In addition, on his old YouTube channel, there's a video about Snake chasing Paz, you can view them here.
- Back in the day, when he was using Gaia Online, he fantasized about killing his parents.
- In Yandere Simulator, all of the students are underaged, despite him claiming that they're over 18. This is also one of the reasons why his game was banned on Twitch.
- Also, in Yandere Simulator, there's an easter egg named "Corona-chan" (which is basically COVID-19 virus easter egg and just a reskin of Ebola Chan easter egg), which is offensive to many people and is just tasteless.
- He's a hypocrite, as he claims he's being "harassed" by people, yet he harassed many (see WIS #13 for an example)
- He's an asset thief, instead of making his own assets, he bought them from the Unity Store and traced other people's work for his game. Most notably he stole Doug Clayton's grass texture without Doug's permission.
- In addition, he never gave credit to his volunteers and the artists who made the models or artworks.
- According to a YouTube user, one of the heaviest files in Yandere Simulator is a toothbrush.
- Even back in the day, he's notorious for annoying people and constantly spamming his stream links on Gaia Online and 4chan, respectively. Also, he never learned from his past mistakes.
- He only cares about money, as he uses the money from his Patreon to buy whatever he wants instead of using it for his game. This shows that he is really greedy with people's money.
- He will sue or harass anyone who attempt to recreate his game.
- He is terrible at managing a subreddit. He bought the r/yandere_simulator subreddit (which was illegal) for $3000 to enforce censorship in it before being hacked on July 4, 2020. Later, he managed to get his subreddit back.
- On the topic of management, it's been shown that Alex isn't good at managing his money, which is bad since he has control over development money that's supposed to be used towards the games development. Examples include paying $3,000 for the aforementioned subreddit, the fact that he has over 800 Steam games, he has two Nintendo Switches (he bought another Nintendo Switch because he didn't like his island from Animal Crossing: New Horizons.), and bought two sex dolls (he bought a second one because he broke the first, though he bought the first one before he started to create a Patreon). When people found out that the sex doll forum account is actually belongs to him, he changed the email address, to destroy the evidence but it's too late.
The Only Redeeming Quality
- He is a model example of what NOT to do if you want to become a game developer.
Rommel's 2-hour and 9 minute documentary about EvaXephon/YandereDev
- His quote: Woah! Technology!, a video where he sips a chalice of milk and his face photos spawned a ton of memes.
- Due to him banning anyone for publishing a meme about him in his Discord server for harassment, there's a speedrun trend in which it involves who can be banned from YandereDev's Discord server faster. This forced him to add a paywall in an attempt to both milk off it and prevent his enemies from speedrunning him.
- https://github.com/rmon-vfer/notYandereSimCode/blob/master/Assembly-CSharp/StudentScript.cs This is Yandere Simulator's infamous StudentScript, known for horrible programming practices. It is currently leaked on GitHub
- https://pastebin.com/tL1AehWu This is the leaked tinyBuild email
- https://pastebin.com/ZVftY1q2 Note: wippler-wrokn is MikeZ