Jump to navigation Jump to search
|This article needs cleanup to meet our rules and guidelines. You can help by.|
Wolverine is a platform game for the Nintendo Entertainment System developed by Software Creations and published by LJN in October 1991. It is based on the Marvel comic book series of the same name.
Why It Sucks
- When you're using Wolverine's signature claws after you press the Select button, it depletes his health meter.
- No temporary invincibility after taking a hit from an enemy, allowing enemies to drain your health and kill you within a few seconds if you stay too close to one.
- Unlike other games with swimming stages that use the same button as jump, Wolverine swims by using the B button.
- Wolverine's crouching is delayed by using an animation.
- Bad item placements (i.e. in the swimming area, one burger is placed over a turbine).
- Frustrating level designs (i.e. after you jump off a platform, you'll never know where you'll land).
- The enemy design is poor. Several enemies are generic white sprites with no features nor details at all.
- Bad collision detection (i.e. Wolverine punching the bubbles, but if you're closer to the bubbles and then punch them, you drain your health, you must punch them before the bubbles come closer)
- Awesome soundtrack.
- Decent graphics.
| "What were they thinking?"|