Vaccine is an indie third-person survival horror game developed and published by Rainy Night Creations as a so-called tribute to Resident Evil 1 to 3. It was released for PC, PlayStation 4, Xbox One and Wii U on February 21, 2017. A Nintendo Switch port of the game was released on July 6, 2017.
Why It Sucks
- Abysmal blocky graphics that make it super-hard to find crucial puzzle items and inventories required to advance the story.
- Abysmal tank controls that control WAY WORSE than Resident Evil's tank controls
- Laughably small roster of playable characters.
- You get experience points (XP) for doing the most mundane stuff, like opening doors. This means that you can level up very quickly just by opening doors.
- For some reason, you can easily kill zombies with nothing but your fists.
- Unfair difficulty spikes, i.e. you can easily clear out a group of ordinary zombies in one room and in the next, a four-legged crawling zombie bites you to death very quickly.
- The game can sometimes glitch. One of the glitches that can occur is when if you punch a bat out of the sky, your character will repeat the punching motion and become unable to move, which Jim Sterling discovered during his playthrough of the game.
- Your stamina discharges very quickly after a short sprint and recharges very slowly.
- You earn less XP from killing zombies using firearms than punching them to death.
- You can't open a door unless you are perfectly aligned with it.
- You only have 30 minutes to complete the game, which completely removes any motivation to do a 100% playthrough of it.
- The sparkles, which are used to give you hints on where story-critical items are, appear irregularly and are easy to miss.
- The gameplay is extremely unbalanced.
- All the characters have laughably big turning angles.
- A very bland and (if not) the shortest story ever, involving finding a vaccine for your infected friend, and that's it! The only thing that you can also learn about the story is to find the truth of this freaking place that changes every time you get the vaccine!