Torrente was a police officer in the past, but was discharged from duty due to unclear links to a crime. Now he has become something of a private detective, and his goal is clearly defined - returning to the police in full glory, due to gangsters attacking the city once again.
Why It Sucks
- Terrible graphics for 2001 standards. The game looks like it wants to be like Big Rigs: Over the Road Racing, Alvin and the Chipmunks or Beverly Hills Cop, which means the game looks like a Nintendo 64 game.
- Torrente's voice clips are repetitive. Everytime he gets hit by someone, he just says the exact same words over and over again, refusing to say something different. Instead, he just says to the player that the enemies have hit him, and even call them a name. This is just annoying as heck.
- The car's speed is too high and horrendous. It moves very fast, making it harder to kill the enemies, familiar to the controls in the Xbox Shrek game. You can't even make the car go slower, it just moves very fast like it was actually crazy, or even had a seizure after looking at flashing lights.
- As with many PC games, there's not much to do in the options to change. You can only change the resolution, level details, color depth, music, sounds, and controls.
- Weird cursor in the main menu. It's a fly, as a cursor. Speaking of the fly, it's sound in the main menu is really annoying, and there's nothing you can do to turn it off, other than turning off your speakers or put away your headphones until you will finally start the game.
- The game lags a lot of times, like Sonic the Hedgehog Genesis and the Game Boy port of Mortal Kombat. No matter if you will have a fast or slow PC, the game will still running poorly a lot of times, because there are way too many enemies in levels that your PC would seriously want to crash the game.
- The enemies shoot at you once they will appear on-screen, which is very frustrating, especially if you are driving on the car, which moves way too fast, as mentioned in WIS#3. This can be really hard for players to kill them.
- The plot is weak, and even pretty short, similiar to Pac-Man 2: The New Adventures's plot. A random guy had a different job in the past, but he was discharged due to unclear links to a crime. He then gets a new job, and he then tries to complete his goal, return to his former job, due to something bad happening for a different time.
Torrente received negative reviews. It received a 0.5/10 rating from BartekGM.
- Known as Torrente: El juego in Spain, Торренте ла бомба in Russia, and Torrente: Chce Wrócić do Policji in Poland.