Jump to navigation Jump to search
TopWare Interactive – AC Enterprises e.K. is a German video game publisher based in Karlsruhe. They're best known for publishing the Two Worlds series developed by its Reality Pump Studios division.
Why They Suck
- They have published some truly terrible games under their belt:
- Two Worlds was overhyped to the point where it claimed to put The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion to shame. This backfired horribly as the final product received mixed reviews from critics but mostly negative by gamers.
- X-Blades was a very generic hack and slash game full of cringe-worthy voice acting, bland level design, extremely repetitive gameplay and an annoyingly unlikable protagonist.
- They released the infamous Raven's Cry in a completely unfinished state, with many considering it to be one of the worst games of all time.
- They decided to release an updated version of Raven's Cry as Vendetta: A Curse of Raven's Cry which completely failed to course correct the problems the original had and was, once again, panned by gamers and critics alike.
- They even had the nerve to pull the game from Steam and re-release it with fake positive reviews thinking this would mitigate the backlash (but ended up making things worse).
- They've added microtransactions into Two Worlds II which clearly shows they're milking the game dry for all it's worth.
- TopWare announced that Two Worlds III would be coming around 2022, which is astonishing considering they've only released one game for the 8th generation of consoles in 2014 and the fact that Two Worlds II came out in 2010! This further proves they're more focused on milking Two Worlds II and less on making new games.
- They were accused of paying European game journalists in exchange for good reviews.
- Awful PR stunts like sending death threats to anyone that gave their games a low score.
- They published some decent games, mostly between 1996 and 2006. The most notable example is the Earth series.
- They once listened to fans after the disappointment of Two Worlds and made a massive improvement in Two Worlds II.