Titenic (Hacker / Heroine)
Titenic (sic) is a bootleg game broken into two modes named Hacker and Heroine loosely based off James Cameron's Titanic movie, developed by the Hummer Team. The game was first known to be on a bootleg multicart game called "ABAB 3-in-1," but was later found on another bootleg multicart called the "Super New Year Cart 15-in-1."
Hacker is the version of the game where you play as Jack. Heroine is the version where you play as Rose. The game is largely a 2D side-scrolling beat 'em up where the levels all take place inside the ship itself. The goal is to get through all the levels, defeating a boss at the end before the ship sinks. The stages and a few actions performed resemble scenes from the movie.
Why It Sucks
- There is no reason for the modes to be named Hacker and Heroine
- Very poor grasp of the source material.
- The graphics are okay, but glitch often. Sometimes this is caused by crouch attacks.
- Even basic enemies can take multiple hits to defeat.
- The controls are good, but it has odd hit detection.
- Special attacks can drain your health.
- When playing as Rose, you have a time limit for each level after the first.
- In some versions of the game the first level is impossible to complete due to a stack of crates/luggage that's too big to jump over
- So many typos!
- In the source code of the game, this is referred to as TITANIC. Meaning the misspelling was intentional, probably because of copyright.