The Walking Dead: Survival Instinct
The Walking Dead: Survival Instinct is a single-player post apocalyptic first-person shooter video game developed by Terminal Reality (who created the famous and even Kinect Star Wars) and published by Activision.
It was the last game developed by Terminal Reality, who closed down on December 12, 2013.
Why it Sucks
- Completely broken gameplay mechanics with lots of glitches and is likely to crash on you.
- Gameplay itself is really tedious.
- The game doesn't save your configuration forcing you to reset your graphics settings every time you launch the game.
- Awful graphics with inconsistent levels of detail. Some textures are very low resolution making it difficult to tell what the object you're looking at is, while others are higher resolution and actually look decent.
- Unrealistic and jarring material reactions with glass flying through walls and non metallic objects sounding like metal.
- Lack of meaningful storyline.
- False advertisement: Despite claiming to focus on the Dixon brothers, Merle is absent for a good amount of the game.
- Poor grasp of source material.
- Terrible zombie AI.
- The shotgun does very little damage, taking many rounds to kill zombies.
- It is easy to shove zombies by repeatedly using your knife to knock them forward.
- Awful ending.
- While the idea of choosing your routes is good, the game sometimes makes the choices pointless.
- Little zombie variety.
- Most of the locations are recycled and have no variety.
- Voice acting is alright, at least from Norman Reedus and Michael Rooker.