The Powerpuff Girls: Paint the Townsville Green
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|This article needs cleanup to meet our rules and guidelines. You can help by.|
|The Powerpuff Girls: Paint the Townsville Green|
Why It Sucks
- The graphics are very abysmal compared to the next installment of The Powerpuff Girls game released a few months later.
- Abysmal gameplay: You simply play as Buttercup, and her animation movements are rather laggy for the most part. And to add insult to injury, controlling her suffers from slippery controls and monotonous framedrops.
- All you do in every level is collect keys, which is incredibly tedious and is often a chore when it comes to completing the levels.
- And another thing about this is that all the enemies in every level are all the same with no changes to them whatsoever.
- The boss fights are really easy and boring, and at times, the attacks go right through them and they take no damage from it whatsoever, especially the final boss of this game.
- And speaking of the final boss, you battle a generic villain instead of Mojo Jojo (you know, one of the main antagonists of the Powerpuff Girls series).
- The final boss fight is EXTREMELY MONOTONOUS, and it just drags on, similar to Dexter's Laboratory: Chess Challenge.
- To rub salt onto the wound, and to pick up from WIS#1, making her fly is extremely wobbly, and making her get certain items can be quite a chore.
- The soundtrack is really ear-degrading and it is bound to give you headaches within 20 minutes of gameplay.
- Speaking of music, the music in this game is an infinite loop, and it plays for the rest of the game, especially during boss fights that have been mentioned above.
- Cheap deaths, and predictable game over scenes:
- One example is when you lose all your lives, you're treated to the game over screen that feels rather similar to the Dexter's Laboratory: Robot Rampage game over screen.
- They at least tried to make the game a bit challenging, despite its poor execution and bad quality performances.
- The concept of having Buttercup be the main character of this game was simply good on paper.
- Both this game and Bad Mojo Jojo were released 2 weeks apart from each other.