Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (2013)
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles|
Why It's Not A Hero In A Half Shell
- Shredder's plan in the story is a bad idea. He wants to turn the whole population of the city into mutants to take over it by using a mutagen bomb, but doing this would cause the city to quickly be wrecked due to the chaos induced by the transformation of all people in the city to mutants.
- Gameplay boils down to pressing the attack button to knock down all enemies and continue on.
- Practically no difficulty or stimulation can be found in the game, making the game incredibly boring. All the turtles have incredibly high maximum health and also you start out with three lives.
- The "difficulty increase" that occurs later in the game is just the game reducing the amount of health given to the players.
- Horrible AI. When in combat, two of the AI controlled turtles just stay still, and one attacks an enemy, but very slowly. When moving, the AI controlled turtles fail to follow properly and commonly go off the screen, and eventually teleport to be near the position of a player controlled turtle.
- Bosses are immune to damage except for a small window of time that is not photographed, and it takes a long time for the boss to be able to take damage again.
- The game is very short, about three hours long.
- The Wii version has content intentionally cut out of the main game so that they can sell a code to allow unlocking the content.
- The Wii version of the game shows a prompt to press the X button to throw an enemy which is only on the Classic controller even if the player is using a Wii Remote.
- You jump by pressing B which is on the back of the Wii Remote and A to attack when every other game on the Wii uses A to jump.
- The music is decent.
- The show's voice actors reprise their roles.
- The banter dialogue is ok.
- You can upgrade your moveset and damage output, adding some variety in your fighting strategy, but that’s not saying much since the Y button does it all.
- The graphics are good and stay faithful to the series.
The game generally received generally negative reviews, with a Metacritic score of 25/100 for the Xbox 360 version.