Talking Tom Candy Run
Talking Tom Candy Run is a mobile side-scrolling 2D endless runner game developed and published by Outfit7. The game's objective is where Talking Tom and friends must save their candy from the Robber Raccoon. Talking Tom Candy Run was released in August 16, 2018 and is also a blatant ripoff of the Cookie Run franchise by Devsisters, which was released earlier than Candy Run.
Why it Sucks
- The whole game itself is a complete rip-off of Devsisters' Cookie Run: Ovenbreak, it's style of gameplay, the characters and their abilities, and everything is straight and completely copied from Cookie Run.
- Generic and bland story. The game's overall story is mostly about Talking Tom and Friends stopping the Robber Racoon from stealing the sweets or candies from their newly opened candy shop.
- The gameplay only consists of scoring or completing levels in order to unlock new locations/worlds and open new candy shops in the new worlds. Cookie Run: Ovenbreak, by contrast, has many modes like Trophy Races, Breakout Mode, Island of Memories, Cookie Trials, and 1 vs 1 races (now replaced by Friendly Run).
- The one and only objective in the game is to stop the Robber Raccoon from stealing candy and there is no content expansion in Candy Run. Cookie Run: Ovenbreak, by contrast, has the Island of Memories where old memories of Cookies are sealed there.
- There are no permanent items that are used to power-up characters. Cookie Run: Ovenbreak, however, has permanent boosts known as Treasures and Magic Candy that boosts Cookies abilities.
- Microtransactions. The game contains In-app purchases in order to get some characters and buddies (the pets are called ''buddies'' in-game)
- When you play the game, sometimes it loads for a long time and the game crashes.
- This game could possibly be one of the games used to milk their franchise just for increasing popularity and massive profit.
- OutFit7 had stolen and traced all assets from Cookie Run, especially for the character sprites and animations. Some of them traced some Cookie's abilities like Angela's ability copies Wizard Cookie's normal skill and Hawaiian Hank copies Soda Cookie's ability including pets such as the Dragon copies Knight Cookie's dragon's tail ability. Also, the character animations are also copied, with Dr. Ben's animations were copied from Dr. Wasabi Cookie's animations for example.
The only Redeeming Quality
- The art style and character designs are still good and adorable like most of their games.
Talking Tom Candy Run is one of the newly released games from the Talking Tom franchise, and it was positively received by the fanbase of Talking Tom and Friends franchise. The game itself, however, is considered as one of Cookie Run rip-offs by the Cookie Run fandom due to Outfit7 itself is notorious for copying various titles such as Cookie Run in order to gain more profit and popularity of their franchise.