Star Wars: The Clone Wars: Republic Heroes
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Star Wars: The Clone Wars: Republic Heroes is a video game tie-in to the Star Wars: The Clone Wars television series.
Why It Sucks
- The title screen is really blurry and looks like a stock image.
- Dreadful camera that is far away from the players, resulting in many deaths.
- Speaking of deaths, there is no penalty for dying aside from losing points. You simply respawn immediately after dying.
- The platforming guides itself, which ends up being confusing to those accustomed to playing platformers.
- Dull combat. Enemies put up almost no resistance. Many can be killed in one hit.
- There is an upgrade system, but it's completely useless because the game is ridiculously easy.
- The game stops to give you hints too often. These hints interrupt the game and force the player to skip through them. They often also tell the player useless information that they already know.
- Boring, throwaway puzzles.
- The Droid-Jak ability makes no sense. The player can somehow stick their lightsaber into a droid's head and take control of it.
- The cutscenes have stiff animation.
- Mediocre story.
- Cheesy voice acting and constant cringe-worthy one-liners.
- The game is filled to the brim with glitches.
- The players can glitch through walls and the floor resulting in either death or the game-breaking.
- Enemies can also become glitched in similar ways, like getting stuck in walls.
- There are also glitches where the game seemingly progresses by itself before the players complete the given objectives.
- As previously mentioned, the platforming is automatically guided by the game, but only registers sometimes resulting in deaths.
- Bad controls, especially the platforming, that results in a ton of deaths from falling off of things.
- The graphics look exactly like the show that the game is based on.
- The game features the voice actors from the show.
- Playing co-op can make the game slightly more tolerable.