Standoff (previously Active Shooter) was a game planned for release on Steam on June 6th, 2018 and was developed by "Revived Games" and published by "ACID". The game was pulled by Valve on May 31, 2018, after it was discovered that the developer had previously been banned from the Steam platform. Later, it was released on the developer's website.
The game was notorious for its controversial content. In the game, you play the role of either an active shooter or a SWAT Officer, with the shooter being able to kill students and police officers.
Why It Sucks
- Extremely overpriced. The early access costs US$20 while a "founders edition" costs US$50. That's an absurd price considering it is an asset flip.
- Considering the developer's track record, the game's problems will most likely never be properly fixed. This makes the price tag even more uncomfortable.
- Mediocre to average shooting mechanics.
- Little variety in objectives.
- Crappy NPC AI.
- Passable to bad graphic quality.
- Repetitive and unpolished scenarios. For example, there are streets that end in nowhere.
- The firearms block much of the screen when zooming.
- The game's concept was stolen from a video game project made for American school teachers by the American Army, so they and their students could be prepared for such situations in real life.