SpongeBob SquarePants: Nighty Nightmare
|SpongeBob SquarePants: Nighty Nightmare|
Nighty Nightmare is a SpongeBob SquarePants video game made for the PC. It focuses on going through the dreams of SpongeBob, Patrick, and Plankton. It is the PC version of the video game, Creature From The Krusty Krab.
Why It's a Nighty Nightmare
- Horrible graphics, with the cutscenes being the worst offender. The cutscenes are cheaply made, and they usually consist of poorly made 3D models or cheap images.
- Not to mention the models were just either ripped from Battle For Bikini Bottom for PC, or just new models.
- Generic gameplay with only a bit of variety. Even when there's variety, it's normally boring or unpleasant to play.
- Patrick's combat is awful. At least SpongeBob's combat was passable.
- Extremely short, and it can be finished in 1-2 hours.
- In fact, there's two sections, Good Dream & Nighty Nightmare.
- The game is extremely easy. You have infinite lives, and there is little to no challenge whatsoever.
- The enemy roster in SpongeBob's dream is really bizarre, consisting of evil tires, living safety cones and oil vats.
- All enemies in Patrick's stages are just Patrick except Stronger.
- All you do in each level is "Defeat every single enemies and finish the level" which is boring.
- Once you beat all stages, guess what you get for beating the game and having a hard time, nothing. Making the entire game pointless.
- Plankton's Good dream stage is fine, while the nighty nightmare section is just a rip off of pikmin.
- As mentioned in WIS #8, there is no final boss, unlike the console game, so all you can do is either look at the credits or replay each stage.
The Only Redeeming Quality
- Plankton's stages are fun as it's the only good thing about the game.
There are two box variations for this game. One says "Nighty Nightmare" and has unique artwork (shown above), and another release which is called "Creature From The Krusty Krab" with an identical box design to the console version. Once you install the games onto your computer, it is still called "Nighty Nightmare" despite which version you have.