||All of this just works.|
― Todd Howard
|This article needs cleanup to meet our rules and guidelines. You can help by editing it.
|SpongeBob's Boating Bash
"More like, belongs in the trash"
||NA: March 2, 2010|
EU: March 26, 2010
SpongeBob's Boating Bash is a 2010 racing game published by THQ for the Wii and Nintendo DS. It is based on the SpongeBob SquarePants animated TV show.
This page only applies to the Nintendo DS version developed by Firebrand Games.
Why It's More Like SpongeBob's Boating TRASH
- To start off this list, the controls are horrible, as it never tells you that you can play with the buttons and tries to force you to play with the touch screen, which can get tedious.
- The soundtrack is also mediocre, generic, and repetitive, and it seems like it's a small compilation of songs that keeps looping over and over.
- The beginning of the game is extremely lazy, it's just a bunch of prop images of SpongeBob characters making the start look like a SpongeBob version of Baby Hazel.
- The Nintendo DS version of the game manages to rip-off the Mario Kart franchise as well as the Burnout franchise. Heck, the game even admitted it ripped off the Mario Kart series.
- Regarding WIMLSBBT#1 due to the controls being bad, crashing into stuff in the game was also really common since the mini-map doesn't show where you are but rather just a compos of your boat.
- Very poor graphics.
- The backgrounds aren't any better, they literally recreated the SpongeBob backgrounds terribly, they look nothing like backgrounds you would see in the series at all.
- The scene where you win as Patrick is decent.
- The DSi Feature is pretty interesting.