Splatter School is a 2012 anime ryona game by Ankoku Marimokan. It was supposed to be a hentai parody of Splatterhouse and Demonophobia (which is a hentai game by itself), but in fact it's just a regular ryona game which got too much attention from non-hentai fans - probably because it has a lot in common with these two loud titles.
A year after release, the game later got a sequel named Splatter Beach.
"High school girl Jessica awoke from her after-school nap in a classroom to the clang of the fire alarm. What's going on? She went to check the hallway to find her classmates being slaughtered by atrocious monsters. Armed with only a discarded box cutter, Jessica braves the nightmare corridor of Class A-1..."
Why It Sucks
- As you could understand, in this game you are playing as a schoolgirl who gets brutally murdered or raped when you lose. It has 52 death/rape sequences (Demonophobia has 50) and pulpy Fullscreen CGs, but unlike Demonophobia, in this game you have nothing to do besides discovering all possible ways to die because...
- ...there is no challenge, unlike Demonophobia and Splatterhouse. In terms of gameplay, it's just a poor Splatterhouse clone. It's very easy and boring, as some people even say that they killed the final boss at first attempt. The gameplay is also very slow-paced.
- Speaking of easiness: you can kill the second boss without the slightest effort. Just don't stop to kick him, and he won't be able to attack you.
- Due to the extreme amounts of hentai imagery this game completely fails at being horror, a decline over Demonophobia.
- Unlike Demonophobia and Splatterhouse, which have interesting plot twists, this game has no actual plot. Your heroine just falls asleep at school, wakes up, sees a lot of monsters, takes a knife and starts to kill them.
- For some reason a metal bar has limited "ammo". Not that it matters, because your boxcutter and kicks are enough to kill everything.
- Much better graphics and animations compared to Demonophobia.
- Unlike Demonophobia, you can kill most of things which try to kill or rape you. Also, the third boss resembles that nasty butcher from Demonophobia, and if you didn't manage to kill him there, you can take revenge on him in this game.
- The ending of the game is ambiguous rather than the indescribable atrocity of Demonophobia.