(Redirected from SpeedZone)Jump to navigation Jump to search
Wheelspin (known as SpeedZone in North America) is a 2009 racing video game developed by Awesome Play and published by Detn8 Games Ltd. in North America and Bethesda Softworks in Europe. It was released exclusively for the Nintendo Wii.
Why It Sucks
- Terrible driving controls: You will easily be drifting all over the place and crash constantly even if you didn't mean to.
- In fact, the Nunchuk, Classic Controller and GameCube Controller have even worse controls.
- Due to the aforementioned crashing, you will be respawning over and over.
- Bland track design with certain parts of the track that weren't designed for your vehicle.
- Flying off ramps is the worst, since it's pretty uncommon you'll land without crashing.
- For some strange reason, the game goes into slow motion when you crash, but the other racers are still going at normal speed.
- Mediocre graphics, making it look like an early PS2 game.
- Extremely basic menu UI with only 4 options.
- Only 6 cars in the entire game.
- Earning cash is extremely easy and does not require a lot of grinding.
- The announcer's voice is irritating, especially when she says "Samurai". It's like they pulled her off the street, made her do a few voice lines and called it a day.
- There's only 3 types of modes: Solo (Time Trial), Race, and Battle.
- You can finish the entire game in about 3 hours but if you've mastered the awful controls then it'll only take an hour to beat!
- There's an 8 player mode but only 4 can use the Wii Wheel whilst the other 4 use the awful controls as mentioned above.
- It doesn't help that this game was published by Bethesda Softworks of all companies.
- The soundtrack is pretty good.
- The battle mode is the best part of the game.
- Car customization is decent.
- As mentioned, the game supports 8 players, making it the first and only Wii game to do so.
- It's also one of the first and only to support the Wii Logitech Wireless Speed Wheel.