SlendyTubbies Anniversary Edition
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Slendytubbies Anniversary Edition is a remaster of Slendytubbies released in 2015 for PC and Mobile.
It's basically a watered down version of the original game but with an HD mode.
Why It Sucks
- Several things from the original aren't included, like the falling trees, the map, and Laa-Laa's jumpscare, which makes the map even more bland and boring.
- Glitchy collision detection that can get you stuck easily. This is especially noticeable on Laa-Laa's tree and the Teletubby house's windows. Worse is that this wasn't an issue in the original game.
- Poor visuals that can't be excused anymore:
- HD Mode gives the player the Slendytubbies III head model, but not the other Teletubbies, making the models clash with eachother, which is pure laziness. The map's visuals range from decent to over-the-top by giving the blocky models and terrain an intense amount of detail and overusing height maps in an attempt to look "remastered". On mobile, HD Mode barely looks any better than LD Mode.
- LD Mode is accurate to the original, but lacks a skybox and the lightning is much darker, thus making artificial difficulty.
- The mobile version features horribly compressed, pixelated graphics to an absurd degree as if a phone couldn't run the game otherwise.
- Decently poor online:
- Multiplayer is extremely boring due to the null replayability of the game, due to that, its not uncommon to see people having more fun roleplaying than playing the game properly.
- Bizarre connectivity issues that range from minor lag to being unable to pick tubby custard, making the room unbeatable. Its also very common for the Tinky Winky clones to glitch out in random ways.
- If a server has many rooms on it, the game may take from 3 seconds to 5 minutes to display them all.
- Its impossible for the host of the room to win on Versus Mode, since killed players can keep rejoining forever.
- You can use and create custom skins.
- Tinky Winky can now kill you by physical contact and you can adjust the volume of his scream.
- The mobile version allows cross-play, which is nice if you can tolerate the even worse graphics.
- The other games in the series (Slendytubbies 2D, II & III) are big improvements, but not by much.