Secret Agent Clank (PlayStation 2)
|This article is a stub. You can help Crappy Games Wiki by expanding it.|
|Secret Agent Clank|
Secret Agent Clank (known as Clank & Ratchet: Maru Hi Mission * Ignition in Japan) is a 2008 platform game developed by High Impact Games and published by Sony Computer Entertainment for the PlayStation Portable. Sanzaru Games developed the PlayStation 2 version of Secret Agent Clank. The game is the sixth game in the classic Ratchet & Clank series, the seventh in the overall series, and the last Ratchet & Clank game on the PlayStation 2 and the PlayStation Portable.
This article is about the PlayStation 2 version only.
Why It's A Terrible Secret Agent
- Outdated graphics for a late PlayStation 2 game. Models are blurry, the textures and FMV videos are low quality.
- Horrendously long loading times, to the point that it takes over a minute to load, which by the way is on the same level of Spyro: Enter the Dragonfly, and is completely unacceptable in both of these games. The PSP version didn't do this, and nether did the original four Ratchet & Clank games. Also, there is a mid-level loading and also it takes the same amount of time.
- Speaking of loading, the loading screens are glitched to always show the ship loading screen even in locations where Clank's agent ship doesn't actually bring him to a different location, for example when you switch from a Secret Agent Clank segment to a Ratchet in Jail segment (Clank does not actually go to Ratchet's location so having a ship take him there is completely wrong), or in the mid-level loading zone after the level where Clank followed a mob boss to a destination while destroying the guards that lead there (he is not piloting his agent ship, he is actually riding a convoy).
- Qwark's lower body contorts when he strafes, and this is due to his whole lower body actually rotating to face the direction he is moving in. Screams of low budget animation.
- There is a game-breaking glitch carried over from the PlayStation 2 port of Ratchet & Clank: Size Matters that rarely causes the game to not finish saving the game, thus corrupting your save data, and it creates a circular scratch on the game disc thus making a section of the game unreadable.