Secret Agent Clank (PlayStation 2)
Secret Agent Clank (known as Clank & Ratchet: Maru Hi Mission * Ignition in Japan) is a 2008 action-platformer video game developed by High Impact Games and published by Sony Computer Entertainment for the PlayStation Portable and PlayStation 2.
The game is the sixth game in the classic Ratchet & Clank series, the seventh in the overall series, the second and last Ratchet & Clank game on the PSP, and the last Ratchet & Clank game for the PlayStation 2.
Sanzaru Games developed the PS2 port of Secret Agent Clank. On May 26, 2009, the PlayStation 2 port was published. This article is about the PS2 version only.
Why It Sucks
- Bad graphics. Models are blurry and textures are low quality. FMV videos are low quality too.
- Horrendously long loading times, to the point that it takes over a minute to load, which by the way is on the same level of Spyro: Enter the Dragonfly, and is completely unacceptable in both of these games. The PSP version didn't do this, and nether did the original four Ratchet & Clank games. Also, there is a mid-level loading and also it takes the same amount of time.
- Speaking of loading, the loading screens are glitched to always show the ship loading screen even in locations where Clank's agent ship doesn't actually bring him to a different location, for example when you switch from a Secret Agent Clank segment to a Ratchet in Jail segment (Clank does not actually go to Ratchet's location so having a ship take him there is completely wrong), or in the mid-level loading zone after the level where Clank followed a mob boss to a destination while destroying the guards that lead there (he is not piloting his agent ship, he is actually riding a convoy).
- Qwark's lower body contorts when he strafes, and this is due to his whole lower body actually rotating to face the direction he is moving in. Screams of low budget animation.
- There is a game breaking glitch carried over from the PlayStation 2 port of Ratchet & Clank: Size Matters that rarely causes the game to not finish saving the game, thus corrupting your save data, and it creates a circular scratch on the game disc thus making a section of the game unreadable.
The Only Redeeming Quality