Jump to navigation Jump to search
Scopely, Inc is an American interactive entertainment company and mobile games developer and publisher which was founded in 2011 by Walter Driver.
Why They Suck
- They were known to reskin their games, just to make a quick buck.
- Yahtzee With Buddies is a reskin of Dice with Ellen, in which is a reskin of Dice with Buddies. They even share the same servers.
- Most of their games are poorly optimized, as they lag a lot. Even if the game has simplest of graphics.
- Just like many mobile games, many of them require a online connection. Despite some of them playing like a single player game.
- Their advertisements are terrible.
- Wheel of Fortune: Free Play's advertisements try too hard to be hip with the kids, as one ad shows a contestant solving the puzzle "the floss", and does the floss dance.
- Many of the games are clones of other games.
- WWE Champions is a Bejeweled clone, despite it having nothing to do with wrestling.
- Star Trek Fleet Command is just a another build a city game.
- Overpriced micro-transactions in most of their games.
- In Yahtzee with Buddies, you have to pay $2.99 just for 9 Bonus Rolls and over $100 for 380 Bonus Rolls. The same goes for the coins in which $2.99 gives you only 250 scoop coins and $100 for only 10,000 scoop coins.
- In Wheel of Fortune: Free Play, there is an energy system, meaning once you use all of your turns up, you'll either have to wait, or you can pay real money to get more.
- In some of their games, there is little to no voice acting. For example in Looney Tunes: World of Mayhem while the original actors returned for their roles, you can only hear them talk in the tutorial only.
- Just like many shovelware developers, they use a couple franchisees that you remember from your childhood (Yahtzee, Looney Tunes, Scramble, etc) and make a mediocre game out of it just to make a quick buck.
- Terrible graphics in some of their games, notably Dice with Ellen and WWE Champions. In WWE Champions, many of the wrestlers in the game do not look like the actual wrestlers.
- Some of their games are actually decent, such as Looney Tunes: World of Mayhem and The Walking Dead: Road to Survival.
- Pretty good graphics in some of their games, such as Looney Tunes: World of Mayhem, Marvel Strike Force, and Avatar: Pandora Rising. As some of them, look close to a console game.