SKI:) is a sports video game developed by Red Dot Games and published by Play Publishing on December 28, 2009 for Microsoft Windows.
Why It Sucks
- Abysmal graphics that would make you want to vomit if you would look at them for several minutes. The graphics look like they were made for the PlayStation, despite this is a game from 2009. The models look horrible, making them no better. And the girl looks like she is from space instead of Earth.
- Annoying sound effects that look like they were mean to be a joke and would make you get annoyed easily. The sound effects look like they actually came from the Nintendo Entertainment System or Game Boy era instead of a PC game.
- There are only 6 stages in the entire game. While level 1 has medium difficulty, level 4 is very hard to complete, and the difficulty in level 6 is very easy, even for the last level in the game. Not to mention, in the arcade mode, the levels are just the same. The only difference is just the clock that subtracts 1 second, making the arcade mode a catastrophe.
- For some reason, there are cactuses in a winter-themed game, which makes no sense at all. This can confuse the players so much, as in winter-themed games, cactuses aren't even there. SKI:) however doesn't belong to that category at all.
- Pathetic shop. All you can buy in here using points is just the different clothes and skis. You cannot even buy something else, like nitro for example. Not to mention, you cannot upgrade anything in the shop, like speed.
- Lack of multiplayer. You can only play this game alone, without even another person.
- The game is very short. You can complete it in 15 minutes or less. Even The Itchy & Scratchy Game and Ninjabread Man has longer length than this game.
- The characters don't have ski goggles at all, when they're important for that sport because snow can get into your eyes. SKI:) is basically the first snow-themed sports game where the characters have no ski goggles at all.
- False advertising: The cover, the game's menu and the characters' icons show characters having ski goggles, but as mentioned in WIS#8, the characters don't have them in the game at all.
SKI:) received negative reviews, mainly from users. Users from GRYOnline.pl gave it a 2/10 rating, while BartekGM gave it a 0.5/10 score.