Roll & Rocker
The Roll & Rocker was an accessory made by the notorious LJN toy company and made for the Nintendo Entertainment System. It was used by standing on top of the thing and shifting a person's weight to act as the D-button. Also you can plug in the NES controller to use the "A" and "B" buttons and Start and Select.
Why It Flopped
- It barely works and is considered just a piece of plastic. It's also been stated you can't weigh more than a hundred pounds for it to work. Even LJN games won't work for the accessory.
- Even if the device worked, having to hold a normal controller with its own D-Pad makes it almost redundant.
- Many bad reactions from NES games.
- To quote the Angry Video Game Nerd: "Adventure Island keeps walking right, Excitebike keeps going down, Skate or Die goes in circles, Kung Fu ducks to the right, Metal Gear does nothing at all, Ninja Turtles III walks in place, and 1943 just fidgets around a lot."
- Plus, Beetlejuice, which is an LJN title, just moves left.
- LJN out of all people were the ones who made this accessory, only for it to achieve absolutely nothing, but waste your money on a piece of plastic that can't do anything.
- No games got made for it. The Power Glove, on the other hand, actually got games that utilize the controller (while it still had motion problems).