Warning! This article is NSFW!
This article may contain content unsuitable for readers under eighteen years or older.
RapeLay is an eroge game created by Japanese developer Illusion Soft. The player takes the role of a random molester as they stalk, kidnap, and rape three different victims. The game has gained significant controversy following its release.
The game starts off with your main character, Masaya Kimura, getting arrested from the Police after 17-year-old Aoi Kiryū catches him groping a woman on a subway train. The next day, Aoi with her 12-year-old sister Manaka, help their mother Yūko, into finding her wallet, while discussing about the incident that occurred yesterday. Unaware of it though, Kimura is eavesdropping the conversation from outside the house. The reason to why he is still roaming around the city is because his father is a rich, well-known, and influencial politician, hence why he managed to get Kimura out of custody. And so, now back on the streets, he decided to exact revenge for the incident by sexually assaulting and raping not only Aoi, but the entire family.
Why It Sucks
- As the title may or may not imply, the game is basically just a semi-interactive frontend on a bunch of rape porn.
- On that note, the daughters of the family are minors under the US law, with Manaka even being a minor under the loosest Japanese law. This essentially considers the game as Child Pornography!
- Like the rest of Illusion's games, the graphics are horrible and make the game even more disturbing.
- On the topic of repeated mistakes by the developers, the story is bad too.
- Boring and repetitive gameplay. All you do is click on your target and sexually assault them in order to fill out a bar before progressing.
- The game is incredibly short, as it can be completed in less than an hour.
- The English translation is downright awful, as for some reason, some of the text glitches out, thus being sometimes unable to understand what the characters say.