Quantum Theory is a third-person shooter published by Tecmo and devolved by Team Tachyon. It was released in September 2010 for the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360.
The game follows Sid and Filena who must fight through a "living tower" to save mankind.
Why It Sucks
- The game itself is just basically a blatant rip-off to the Gears of War franchise. Character models are like the Gears of War characters, with the same personalities.
- Animations look like an anime version of Gears of War.
- Numerous bugs and glitches.
- Controls act like a car with a broken axle.
- Forgettable, boring, and generic characters.
- It featured the most offensive voice acting (while not worse than Ride to Hell: Retribution) ever.
- Shallow plot.
- The main protagonist Sid is nothing more than a unlikable fart house joke due to being a generic version of Marcus Fenix.
- Horrible ending.
- Boring weapons, along with bad gun-play.
- Repetitive level design.
- The pacing is VERY SLOW.
- The battles are very boring.
- Generic Art.
- Throwing Filena at foes can be tedious.
- Dumb AI.
- Horrible graphics.
- Bland soundtrack.
- Very weak multiplayer mode.
- Ugly menu screens.
- The experience is very clunky.
- 0% replay value.
Quantum Theory has received negative reviews from critics. It holds a Metacritic score of a 43 on PS3 and a 37 on Xbox 360. The GameFAQs' rating is of 2.96 for the PS3 version and of 2.58 for the Xbox 360 version.