Jump to navigation Jump to search
Psycho Killer is a DOS game developed by Delta 4 Interactive, who also made The Town With No Name. It is a mystery/horror point-and-click adventure game featuring a killer who has been set loose on the world.
Why It Sucks
- The FMV is poor and pixelatingly bad.
- 90% of the screens are just trees.
- The story makes no sense whatsoever.
- Barely any sound at all with the exception of the voices.
- No saving, so if you die, you have to start from the beginning again.
- Horrible voice acting (e.g. the infamous "Eat my Reeboks, freakface!" line).
- No indication of where you need to click. So if you are in a QTE where you have to click the right object or the right way to advance, you can end up failing/not finding it in time, resulting in death and a full restart of the game.
- Very long loading times.
- If you are doing a blind playthrough, you might end up walking in the wrong direction sometimes.
- At the end of the game, if you reach to where the kidnapped woman is before the killer, he will run up to you and kill you. There is no indication telling you to wait for him to reach there before you. Even then, there's a 50-50 chance of making him reach there before you.
- Anti-climactic final battle, just click on the killer in order to push him off the dock and into the water.
- The ending is stupid; The main character says the killer's body wasn't found, yet the news decided to post newspapers about his death (and specifically said that he drowned, but they never found his body).
- The killer is by far the worst character in the game, next to the main character themselves. He can barely be even described as a killer, he leaves the woman he kidnapped to run as most of the time he is alone, he drops his weapon after getting kicked by the main character, he doesn't do anything to fight back at the main character, and his laugh sounds like "a herd of dying cows".