Pocket Monsters (SNES)
Pocket Monsters (also known as Pokémon: Pikachu Edition) is a pirated Super Nintendo and Mega Drive game based off the Pokémon series. The SNES version is credited to DVS Electronics and appears to have been released in 2000, as hinted by details on the box art.
This game was hacked from Digimon Adventure for the Super Nintendo which also was a bootleg.
The game is a basic platformer. You take control of Pikachu and traverse across different landscapes with one goal: get from one end of the stage to the other.
Why It Sucks
- Poor controls.
- Numerous glitches, like the game lags if Pikachu jumps.
- Some of the enemies aren't even actual Pokémon, such as a red monkey, a dinosaur (for which looks like an enemy from Super Mario World), and a larva-like creature (which JonTron referred to as "poop")
- No checkpoints, you have to beat each level in one go.
- Sub-par graphics.
- Pikachu's design is very strange, looking like, as JonTron put it, a "balding middle aged man".
- Frustrating bosses, in order for you to damage them, you have to use Pikachu's Thunder attack, but it needs to charge up first.
- Poor and unfitting music ripped from Bonkers for SNES. In the first level, the music is overly intense and frantic, even though nothing crazy is happening which makes the music come off as unfitting.