PocketBike Racer is a racing game developed by Blitz Games and published by King Games for the Xbox and Xbox 360. This is one of the three titles sold in Burger King, the other games being Big Bumping' and Sneak King.
Despite the game being released for both the original Xbox and Xbox 360, there is only one version of the game disc, and it can be played on both the Xbox and Xbox 360.
Why It Sucks
- Poorly integrated title screen, you can clearly see that they used a live action footage of The King on a model car ride.
- Bad and outdated graphics that look like something out of an early PlayStation 2 game, especially when played on the original Xbox.
- On that topic, awful character models that also look like something out of an early PlayStation 2 game.
- This game, along with its gameplay and level designs, is a blatant rip-off the Mario Kart series.
- Awful track designs, where it is very easy to screw up and get completely lost in, in a racing game! The fourth track, Under Construction, is the worst as it is very maze-like with lots of platforms and gaps, making it easy to get lost in.
- Confusing title on what this game wants to be, the front of the box art (as you can clearly see) shows that this game will focus on this young woman named Brooke Burke (she's best known as "Rachel" in NFS: Underground 2), and that she will be the main character, but when playing the game itself, it shows that The King (the main mascot of Burger King) is the main character (as shown in number 1), there are also Burger King characters and the levels themselves are based off of Burger King, to show that this game is also based off of Burger King.
- Only two game-play options.
- Very limited rosters of characters, with only seven playable characters to pick from.
- On that topic, some the roster of characters don't make sense, like, who is XxNiGHTRiDERxX?
- All of the characters have the same stats.
- You only have one choice of vehicle to choose from, and that is in a form of motorcycles.
- You can unlock achievements out of nowhere. Also the game only has 200 gamer points and 12 achievements to obtain.
- Poor controls that are slow, sluggish, and slippery.
- Lots of unfair difficulty spikes.
- Unfair AI.
- Crappy power ups.
- In order for you to get power ups, you need to drive pass weird check-points that are scattered on the track, but due to the after mentioned sloppy controls, it can be hard to do so.
- If you get hit by an AI while having power ups, you lose them all, similar to Miracle Space Race / Rascal Racers / XS Airboat Racing / ATV Racers.
- Lots of game breaking bugs and glitches.
- Spelling errors, such as the one of the achievements called "Big Stoppie".
- Only five tracks in total.
- Despite the game looking short, the tracks are huge and long, and to add salt to the wound, there will be times where you must complete five full laps or more on the huge tracks.
The Only Redeeming Quality
- The soundtrack is decent.