PlayStation 3 Commercials
Before the PlayStation 3 launched in 2006, Sony spent $150 million for a marketing program that had a TON of creepy-as-hell commercials, with demonic baby dolls, a bizarre-looking Scottish woman, Rubik's Cubes solving themselves and exploding, a man laughing with a gun in his bathtub, and a naked woman with a Japanese swordsman.
Why Most Of Them Sucked
- Some of the commercials were WAY too creepy and very disturbing.
- They had nothing to do with the console. If you're gonna make a commercial this creepy, at least show some features of the PS3 like its Blu-ray capabilities or its Cell processor or its early backwards compatibility.
- No games are shown in those commercials.
- Those commercials are very confusing to the point of being able to make Serial Experiments Lain look like a Disney Junior show in comparsion with them.
- A few of them were just plain nasty.
- The infamous commercial baby.
The Only Redeeming Quality
- Fortunately, Sony would later bounce back with the famous 'Kevin Butler' ad campaign.
Videos (CAUTION: Mild Nightmare Fuel)