Penguins of Madagascar
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Penguins of Madagascar is a game developed by Torus Games and released on the Wii, Wii U, and Nintendo 3DS on November 25, 2014 by Little Orbit. It is loosely based on the 2014 film of the same name by Dreamworks Animation.
Why It Sucks
- It barely adapts the movie's plot in a good way, as many parts are left out and some parts aren't even in the movie (for example, the Penguins don't immediately find out about Dave the octopus (the main villain of the movie) or the captured penguins in the movie, and the tutorial is set on an island HQ, which isn't shown in the film, besides the movie takes place directly after Madagascar 3: Europe's Most Wanted, where the penguins escape the circus, so why is this island here?). Also, the North Wind aren't present in the game. That made Madagascar 3 the Game looks like a masterpiece!
- No voice acting yet the other games managed to get all the voice actors no problem.
- All the characters play the exact same except they each have their own special ability, but it doesn't change the fact that they play the exact same.
- It is nothing but a generic stealth and action game with some platforming and basic puzzles.
- The levels drag on for way too long, and to make matters worse you can't manually save, so if you die or leave the level, you must start it all over again! This is unacceptable for a game with lengthy levels.
- The gameplay quickly gets repetitive, and there is no variety to keep players interested. It's the same thing every level.
- For whatever reason it was released exclusively for Nintendo consoles, unlike the other games based on a Madagascar film which were multi-platform.
- The cutscenes are boring dialogue exchanges, which is proof that this game was rushed out with absolutely no effort whatsoever.
- It is very short despite the long drawn out levels.
- The graphics are somewhat sub-par.
- The music is ok.
- The death animations are pretty funny.