Past Cure is a stealth psychological horror game developed and published by Phantom 8. It was released in February 2018 for the Xbox One, PS4 and PC.
Why It Sucks
- Recycled environments that have nothing distinct about them.
- Dull visuals.
- Boring atmosphere since a lot of the furnished buildings have no one in them.
- The game is very glitchy and often buggy. There's even a bug that will prevent you from progressing because a certain enemy will not move when he needs to.
- Terrible AI.
- Bland characters.
- Unappealing story where nothing is ever explained.
- Lack of information on the hud.
- Constant trial and error gameplay that becomes repetitive quickly.
- Lousy gunplay.
- Headshots are inconsistent.
- The crossairs have you needing to line up a circle in the middle to get the most accuracy. This is something that is featured in Resident Evil 2: Remake and actually works, mainly because most of enemies can't shoot back.
- Wonky cover system.
- Dull voice acting.
- Stiff animations.
- The character models look really strange. Almost just shy of being human.
- The stealth is very basic as it's just crouch walking past enemies. That's it. If you get spotted, the end.
- Terrible checkpoint system.
- Unclear objectives since the game tells you almost nothing.
- The game is in a letterbox format that is outdated.
- There is bullet time, but is done poorly due to creatures appearing after using it for a certain amount of time, who can insta-kill you. This could be interesting, but because the gunplay is so bad it's almost required.
- The premise is actually pretty interesting.
- The riddles are well written.
The game has received generally negative reviews. It has a score on Metacritic for 43%. IGN gave this game a 5.8 out of 10.
Metro called this the worst game of 2018. Digital Foundry gave this a 20 out of 100.
DX featured it on his "Worst Games of the Decade" saying "The fun thing about Past Cure is determining whether it's a commendable attempt at making a game or the height of arrogance. Either is valid given the evidence the game provides because it is...absolutely awful. Although, not without some interesting concepts". He later states that it does a poor job at trying to mask the fact that it was made by amateurs and lacks the competence to do so.