Paris-Dakar Rally is a video game for PlayStation 2 and Windows. It is based on the real-life Paris Dakar Rally - one of the world's most difficult and dangerous sporting events. The game begins in rural Paris and ends on a beach in Dakar, Senegal, with 11 stages in between, including tracks in the Sahara Desert and Atlas Mountains.
Why It Sucks
- Awful controls and pathetic handling as it feels like handling a boat.
- The graphics are very bad. It looks like a PS1/Nintendo 64 game than a PS2 game.
- Physics are very awful. The cars will bounce up and will cause you to flip and this causes you to lose races a lot.
- The game is extremely difficult to win due to the aforementioned physics.
- The locked cars cannot be unlocked until you beat the campaign mode and beating the campaign is as mentioned above extremely difficult unless if you enter #ILUMBERJACK" or "CRUNCHYFROG" as your profile name.
- The damage models are cosmetic and the chassis doesn't even deform. even the body panels don't suffer any deformation for even a sim racing game.
- If you crash the vehicle, you must repair in case of a 4x4 or a buggy or reviving the driver if he's very injured in case of a motorbike or a quad bike by pressing the L2 button. However, if your vehicle is badly damaged or the driver is very injured during campaign mode and you don't have any repairs/revives, is instant game over and you're forced to start the campaign all over again!!!.
- For a Dakar-based game, the bigger trucks based in the Kamaz, MAN etc: only appear in the intro of the game but it doesn't appear in the actual game.
- Only six tracks.
The game received negative reviews, and it has a 36 rating on Metacritic.