The POP Station is a PSP rip-off that plays LCD games. Since its release, many other rip-off consoles made by the same company that made it had nearly the same hardware and games. These were: the Neo Double Games (DS rip-off), the PCP Station (POP Station's successor) and the Mini Polystation 3 (the third model of the Polystation series and the only one which is not a Famiclone).
Why It Flopped
- Its quality was very poor.
- The games were old LCD Tiger Electronics Handheld-esque games, because of its simplicity.
- The controllers were very unresponsive and broken.
- Some of the buttons did not even function.
- The screen is so broken that you cannot understand what's going on in the "games" that it has.
- Of the four games that it has, only one comes with the system.
- False advertising: On the box it said it had "color display", but the only color was that of the colors created by the lights.
- The instructions were written in broken English and are impossible to understand.
- Its "value pack" included a very fragile handstrap and outdated headphones.
- The sound effects were horrible.
- The graphics were extremely poor.
- It's pretty much always the same games every time. For example, Street Overlord, a cheap copy of Street Fighter.
- There's even a version of it as well titled Laden vs USA, where the goal is to either fly planes into the World Trade Center or defend them from the attacks, which is incredibly disrespectful towards 9/11 victims.