Oriental Hero is a scrolling action game released for the ZX Spectrum in 1987, developed by Tron Software and published by Firebird. It was a sequel to Ninja Master.
The ninja from Ninja Master goes to Outer Mongolia to face off against Zerwin the Wizard to take the title of Supreme Oriental Combat Master.
Why It Sucks
- An overly loud and annoying title theme comparable to a door being knocked very loudly and at incredible speed.
- Unfair difficulty, caused by seriously awful hit detection and the fact that ALL of the enemies can kill you in one hit.
- Ugly and eye-searingly bad graphics, even by ZX Spectrum standards.
- Anti-climactic ending. When you beat Zerwin, the game just flashes a "mission complete" text on the screen and goes back to the title screen.
- Despite Ninja Master being released on numerous home computers, Oriental Hero, for some bizarre reason, was only released on the ZX Spectrum.
- Furthermore, despite being a sequel to Ninja Master, there is no indication that this is a sequel to that game.