One Angry Gamer
One Angry Gamer is a gaming news journalism website created by William "Billy D" Usher that emerged during the apex of the GamerGate controversy, claiming to offer "all the latest gaming news without remorse". It started as a news website dedicated to siding with gamers, but has since become an amalgamation of various negative gamer stereotypes.
Why It Sucks
- Extreme right-wing and American nationalist (see the example below) political bias. Nearly anything that has any kind of leftist overtone is dismissed as "leftist propaganda" or "SJW trash". This same mentality has led them to mock or insult anything or anyone with leftist or centrist ideologies, regardless of context.
- William Usher is a former member of the infamous "Game Journo Pros", his experience with the SJW bloggers clique has left him with a serious case of siege mentality, at times Usher can be rather distrustful, unsympathetic, and blunt, with a black-and-white worldview and excessive paranoia causing him to lash out at anything with the slightest hint of "SJWism" in it, and he does not hesitate to make racist, sexist, and/or homophobic remarks.
- he also mocks people that dont side with him when they are hit by censorship, most notably appabend who he laught at in an entire article when he was hit with a takedown by sony for discussing the last of us situation.
- Usher is a coomer with a heavy obsession with sexual content in gaming, to the point of sometimes being disturbing. Examples include:
- Writing articles promoting nude mods for various games.
- Unironically using the hashtag #BonerCulture to criticize games that don't feature female characters with high sex appeal or revealing clothing. Mortal Kombat 11 was a prime example of this.
- Making an article dedicated entirely to how a character in Dead or Alive 6 can have her bra bust open during combat.
- Constant criticism of decisions to censor or remove sexual content in localized Japanese games, even if it involves underaged girls.
- The "Collectible Gear (ads)" section on their website often promotes items of a sexual nature such as "breast mousepads" and figures with suggestive poses and/or clothing.
- Have no issues with lying if it furthers their views. One notable example is mentioning how Blizzard banned two players from Overwatch for playing exclusively "as a straight white male character" (specifically Torbjorn), despite their own article on that topic saying nothing regarding the character's race or orientation and even having video evidence of one player being rather disrespectful and throwing the match when someone else picked Torbjorn.
- They seem more concerned with clickbaiting, stirring controversy, or "rustling jimmies" than actually sharing news, often digging for scraps trying to find any number of reasons for people to be outraged about something.
- Despite originally claiming to be for ethical journalism, they have no problem with constantly stressing heavily-opinionated articles.
- Usher will often pick fights with people who provide criticism towards his articles on Twitter, even if it's meant to be constructive, which, aside from showing that he cannot handle criticism, goes to show how immature he really is.
- Most of the audience consists of the PC "Master" Race and often insult console gamers, accusing them of aiding social justice by using consoles. Like Usher, they are paranoid, aggressive and use slurs.
- In light of the George Floyd protests, they released an article called "Traitors of America", which is a list of every company or person who posted anything showing support for the Black Lives Matter movement, which they somehow consider "traitorous". The problem is that many of the people and companies on this list aren't even American, which they acknowledge but justify by saying that they "cater to and influence the American (consumer) audience".
- One Angry Gamer ended up getting banned from 4chan for spamming the link to the list over and over, and proceeded to complain about it on Twitter. You know you screwed up when not even 4chan wants to deal with you.
- Ironically, Cloudflare (a website security service that offers DDOS protection) is on the list despite the site itself using Cloudflare.
- Despite claiming to be anti-censorship, Usher praised Alabama for censoring an Arthur episode featuring a gay rat wedding.
- To their credit, they sometimes cover news that other websites don't. Whether this is good or bad is a case-by-case basis.
- They have criticized the action of certain right-wingers including censorship-happy Christian Extremists (which they dubbed Christian Justice Warriors), and even criticized Donald Trump when he discussed violent video games with some AAA developers.
- They are pro-GamerGate and, even if they take it too far, are against SJWs and the regressive left and have rightfully criticized genuine moments of SJW nonsense.
Comments from their audience
Grust: Sorry but this is the type of idiocy that must be seen to be believed. Morons like this are why anti-SJWs have a bad rep as well.
Traitors of America Responses