Jump to navigation Jump to search
Nightmare Circus is a side-scrolling action game developed by Funcom in 1996 for the Sega Mega Drive / Genesis. In the game, you play with a native American-looking guy, who is trapped in the titular Nightmare Circus.
Why it Sucks
- Overly sensitive and complicated controls to the extent that this is one of the only Genesis games to use the "Mode" button on the 6-button controller.
- Awful collision detection.
- Constantly respawning enemies.
- Stages are never-ending, meaning once you enter a stage you're trapped there forever until you die or reset the system.
- Only four stages total, with little variation between.
- Figuring out the controls as well as how to complete level is impossible without a guide.
- The Sega logo at the beginning is badly-drawn, especially the letter A, which is flipped horizontally with the tip of the left leg being vertical.
- According to Game Sack, Wikipedia once said that this game was Sega's answer to Donkey Kong Country and that it was hard to believe it and that it was sad if it was true.