NBA Jam 2001
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Why It Sucks
- The music in this game is horrendous, and is basically watered-down to fit the Game Boy Color.
- The main menu music is even worse, especially by Game Boy Color standards.
- The password feature is unnecessary, because in future NBA Jam games, it has an autosave feature, or even gives you the option to save.
- The voice acting for the commentators sound like robots, especially by the way that they are talking.
- Playing the Season Game mode is nearly impossible because as mentioned on WIS#2, the password feature is required to play, meaning that this game is nearly unplayable if you don't know what letters or numbers to put in.
- The same thing applies to Playoffs mode, meaning those 2 choices are inaccessible unless you have the password memorized, which this game doesn't even bother to give to you.
- Practice mode is very boring, as it is possible to get a basket easily.
- Meaning while you play the two modes that were mentioned above, it is still possible to either win or lose (if you can master the awkward controls).
- The graphics at best are very bland, and look like somebody copied and pasted the players' pictures onto Microsoft Paint.
- The controls are very stiff, and makes it impossible to even score a basket on the Head to Head mode.
The Only Redeeming Quality
- This game does offer you the option of having you play with a friend, if you and your friend have the exact same game.
This game received mostly negative reviews.