Muslim Massacre: The Game of Modern Religious Genocide
|Muslim Massacre: The Game of Modern Religious Genocide|
Muslim Massacre: The Game of Modern Religious Genocide (officially shortened to Muslim Massacre) is a controversial 2008 Total Carnage ripoff for Windows. The game was created as a joke by the Something Awful forum user Eric Vaughn, under the name of "Sigvatr". Despite the game being a joke, many Muslim communities and human rights activists found it extremely offensive.
Nowadays the game is often considered one of the most offensive games ever created and the original game's website is offline, but there are download mirrors since then.
The game begins with a cutscene with some fictional newspaper and an audio clip from a public speech by George W. Bush. Judging by the game events and the opening newspapers, after some bombing terrorist attacks and some Muslim riots America-wide, the USA declares "war on Islam" and sent its army to the Middle East, aiming to terminate every Muslim person on Earth.
Why It Sucks
- The game's premise is extremely offensive to both Muslim and American people. The game tries so hard to be a Total Carnage clone, but unlike Total Carnage (which takes place in a fictional country and is parodious), Muslim Massacre uses bad-taste jokes about real-life civil wars, genocide, and terrorism.
- The game has representations of the prophet Muhammad and Allah, and this is one of the worst offenses against Muslim people. Furthermore, the most part of the enemies are civilian Muslims that will attack the protagonist only with their bare hands; the protagonist really is genocidal.
- Osama Bin Laden appears as a boss, and one of his attacks is to throw planes at the player; a tasteless nod to the 9/11 terrorist attacks.
- The gameplay is extremely unfair. The player character and the enemies have tiny sprites, and this makes it difficult to see where you are among the waves of enemies. Worse still, various enemies have a one-hit kill attack that leaves only one or two seconds for the player to react.
- At least the developer made an apology and took it down.
- The gameplay is enjoyable, too bad the game is so offensive.