Mighty Morphin Power Rangers: The Movie (Gameboy)
Mighty Morphin Power Rangers: The Movie is a game released on the Game Boy and developed by Bandai.
Obviously, you have to defeat some bosses including Ivan Ooze, Rita Repulsa, Lord Zedd, Goldar, etc, and you have to defeat all of them. Pretty much.
Why It Sucks
- Unless you play the game on a Super Game Boy, all of the Rangers look dark green because the Game Boy's screen is colorless.
- The punches and kicks are done in alternating order. It’s a kick, then a punch, then a kick, etc. This leads to some other problems later in the game.
- You get on a minecart, and you have to perfectly jump to the next cart because if you either jump too late, jump too soon, or let the carts touch, you die.
- Speaking of minecarts and dying, you instantly die after jumping/walking off the cart despite being only a few feet above the ground and the cart travels rather slowly.
- The punch-kick problem is really problematic at the sand stage, you have to punch/kick all of the sand as quickly as possible, especially that there's a machine following behind you fast. The best way to do it is duck-stand-stand duck-duck-stand while saying it out loud.
- Since it follows the 1995 movie, they got Aisha's skin color wrong, making her look too much like Trini.
- The boss battles are nothing more than cheats.
The Angry Video Game Nerd couldn't take this game anymore nor he would want to play it ever again due to it being so difficult. He explained why in his MMPR review.