Midnight Race Club: Supercharged!
Midnight Race Club: Supercharged! is the companion game to Big Rigs: Over the Road Racing, developed by Stellar Stone and published by GameMill Publishing for the PC. It was released in January 2004, a few months after Big Rigs. While the two games were originally going to be a single package, GameMill Publishing decided to split the two early in development. Both games were released in their pre-alpha stage.
This was the last game of Stellar Stone, but years later, one of its developers, Sergey Titov, released a new game, Infestation: Survivor Stories, which was also panned.
Why It Sucks
- It's just an unfinished reskin of Big Rigs: Over the Road Racing.
- It has many of the same problems plaguing Big Rigs and its name is an intentional piggyback on the Midnight Club series by Rockstar.
- Fixes some of Big Rigs' bugs (a double-edge sword at that), essentially robbing it of its charm. In short, the game is just a reskin of Big Rigs, just with different vehicles and collision detection. This game is the saddest piece of software ever made. It has doesn't have even one redeeming quality. You could try to find one, but unless you wanna be really sarcastic, you won't find it no matter how hard you try. Quoted BartekGM review: Yes, Big Rigs was even more bugged, but at least there the ineptitude of the creators was so huge that it was funny, and here ... argh 
- No matter how fast the player is going or how hard they hit a wall, the same crashing sound effect always plays.
- Driving up a hill forwards causes the player to immediately come to a halt.
- There's still no way to lose.
- It was released in its pre-alpha stage, just like Big Rigs.
- The box art still falsely advertises features not present in the game, like the police car on the front boxart as an example.
- Every car/bike/truck has the same engine sound, and the engine sound itself is lifted right from Big Rigs.
- Players can still accelerate up to 12.3 undecillion miles per hour in reverse.
- Credits are literally the same credits used in Big Rigs.
- The level Nightride still crashes the game. Actually a patch was released after the game was released which "fixed" the nightride level crashing by replacing it with devil passage at night.
- Selecting the Lamborghini also crashes the game.
- High scores aren't functional.
- AI opponents can pass right through the player, but the player crashes with them regardless.
- Stats are still the same in every vehicle.
- The back lights from Big Rigs: Over the Road Racing are present out of the vehicle.
Piracy is of no concern with this videogame, as it is a broken scam that should have been cancelled instead of sold, or at least held back to be finished. A fan website provides the download here.
- Transcript of the episode Original quote: Owszem, Big Rigs był jeszcze bardziej zabugowany, ale tam przynajmniej nieudolność twórców była tak ogromna, że aż zabawna, a tutaj... ech.