Metal Slug Defense (PC)
Metal Slug Defense (Japanese :メタルスラッグディフェンス Metaru Suraggu Difensu) is a tower defense game created by SNK Playmore for iOS and Android mobile devices. It was also ported to PC and available on Steam.
It's a Tower Defense Game with two sides. Players must deploy units that are featured in the Metal Slug franchise such as the SV-001, infantry and bosses to defeat their opponents. Most of the units have a "Special Attack" that can be activated by clicking the unit when it has a "Blue Aura" (or tapping the unit in original mobile version)
Why it sucks (PC Version only)
- It's just a direct port of the mobile version. This means that you'll click on unit pictures with a mouse to deploy units and drag your mouse to scroll the screen as if you're playing on an emulator.
- The on-screen instructions weren't rewritten for the PC version (i.e. The title screen still says "Tap the Screen" to enter the game).
- Despite being a direct port, it has some different content from the mobile version. In the original version, players were able to purchase new units from shop with Premium currency. But in this version, the units were sold in an overpriced DLC pack. If players just want to buy only one strong unit, they must pay for the other cheap units that come in the pack.
- Because you can only purchase a unit via DLC, the only use for Premium Currency (Medals) in this version for buying temporary upgrades (Extra Money, 100% Guarantee to freeing POWs, Etc.)
- It can't transfer save data from the mobile version and vice-versa, despite the mobile version having a cloud-save feature.