Meme Run is an endless running video game created by indie developer Ninja Pig Studios (Jordan Schuetz and his brother) for the Wii U eShop.
The game features extensive use of internet memes; for example, the player character is a stick figure with a Trollface for a head, and the levels are made up of ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) faces, also known as "Lenny faces".
Why It Sucks
- Slippery controls.
- Bright graphics that will make you puke, although not as seizure-inducing as PUSS!
- Boring and repetitive gameplay that is only fun for a few minutes.
- Obnoxious sound effects and background voices.
- This made the Miiverse Community get extremely toxic back when it was still around, full of users posting too many MLG stuff, which makes it annoying, horrible, and cringey. Some even call this the WORST community on Miiverse.
- No objectives, goal, or anything. You just run endlessly and score points until you die.
- You actually had to pay for this piece of garbage when it was still up or pirate it.
- False advertising : On the Steam Greenlight of the game it says "The 5th Best Selling Digital Game on the eShop", which is extremely obnoxious and false to say since it wasn't well received by most people, and it is definitely false reception-wise as the game has very low ratings on rating sites.
- There are many outdated and stale memes, despite the fact that this was made in 2014.
- This feels more like a mobile game that somebody green lit for a console release.
- Watch a video on Meme Run here
Upon release, NintendoLife staff writer Lee Meyer gave Meme Run an extremely negative review, calling it possibly "one of the worst releases on any gaming platform this year" and stating that it was certainly not worth its price of $4.99. They scored the game with a 1/10.Critics also found the copious use of memes to be unpleasant and jarring and also criticized the slippery controls. They suggested that the game's intention may have been to lampoon the proliferation of banal Internet memes, but felt that it had not succeeded.