Meat (Doom WAD)
Meat is a 32-level total conversion megaWAD by olzhas1one for Doom II, filled with memes and generally made to be as absurd and nonsensical as possible.
Why It Sucks (But In A Good Way)
Disclaimer: This WAD was created as a joke and it was meant to be as bad as possible.
- It is filled with thousands of enemies. So many that even the creator recommends the infinite ammo cheat.
- The only way to beat the final boss is to use the fast weapons cheat. (or sv_cheats true then sv_fastweapons followed by a number in case you want to try it yourself.) As a matter of fact, about 42% of the levels need this cheat, otherwise they become extremely tedious. If that was not enough, the final boss shoots (And most enemies for that matter) a trail of BFG 9000 plasma ammo, so you must use the God Mode cheat (God Mode or IDDQD in the console) just to survive the battle. (unless you are patient enough to keep typing in RESURRECT into the console a Billion times.)
- Overuse of music that, aside from being ripped from other sources, does not make sense, like the Roblox Smashmouth song. It also steals the instrumental version of Zombie.
- This mod feels like a Terry WAD without the rape references for several reasons:
- Ear rape is a common thing in this WAD, and it uses some Terry sound effects.
- Cheap difficulty: enemies are literally everywhere (There is not a single space without an enemy in it) and do a lot of damage, making close weapons like the Chainsaw and the Punch useless.
- Due to the neverending hordes of enemies on the screen, the game can be very unfriendly to older computers. In fact, the game is almost impossible to play on some rigs, due to constant crashes.
- The mod occupies 527 MB of space on a hard drive, which is a lot by Doom WADs standards, similar to many "zip bomb" Terry WADs.
- The weapon sprites (except for the chainsaw and super shotgun) look like they were made using cut-out images.
- Some sprites are ripped from outside sources. The soldier sprites are literally stolen from Hong Kong 97, of all games.
- The death animations for enemies are poorly-made. They were literally made in MS Paint.
- One of the enemies is Mr. Krabs, which doesn't make any sense.
- After the second level, the WAD is impossible without cheating.
- Every time you die, the game mocks you for dying.
- As mentioned, it's bad on purpose.
- The WAD has 32 complete levels, which goes to show the developer was not lazy, and there are no gay rape references, unlike other Doom WADs.
- The level design is actually very good, which meant that the game could have been good, if not for all the cheap deaths.
- It has a demo, something that 95% of Doom WADs don't have.
- Fighting and killing Kim Jong-Un can be quite cathartic, given that he's a brutal dictator in real life.