Masters of the Universe (Gremlin)
Note: Not to be confused with Intellivision game of the same name.
Masters of the Universe is a 1987 film based on the popular He-Man cartoon. There were eventually two games based on it, one that was known as Masters of the Universe: The Arcade Game and one known as Masters of the Universe: The Movie. This page will focus on the latter of the two.
The main gameplay is a top down shooter style game, where you must discover chords in a certain amount of time. The other gameplay style is a 2D brawler that crops up at certain points, such as the final boss.
Why It Sucks
- Boring, shallow gameplay.
- The maps are complicated and are easy to get lost in, because everything looks the same (especially in the ZX Spectrum version).
- Not helped by the fact that enemies ambush you from every corner, and fire a fast stream of bullets at you.
- You get a map, but it's barely useful.
- The brawler gameplay is mind-numbing and pretty unfair sometimes.
- In stark contrast, the final boss, Skeletor, is pretty easy.
- The game itself is extremely repetitive.