Jump to navigation Jump to search
Mario Endgame is a ROM hack of Super Mario World released by cheatmaster30 in 2013.
Why It Sucks
- Unfair difficulty, to the point where more people beat Kaizo Mario World savestateless than did the same for this game.
- Very long levels, which is compounded by the unrelenting difficulty.
- Most of the bosses have difficulty typical of what you'd expect from Super Mario Kollision 1 and 2, where one mistake equals failure.
- The boss battle with Bowser, on the other hand, is just a lazy copy of Super Mario Bros. 1 and 3. Additionally, he is reduced to just being a mini-boss, even though a lot of the game takes place in his castle and he is hyped up as the supposed main villain.
- The fact that Smithy was the actual kidnapper of Peach, not Bowser, comes right out of nowhere with no hints.
- Some levels do not have the basic timer value altered, resulting in many forced deaths.
- Midpoints are very scarce, like in Hammer Brother Demo 3.
- You are given no indication whether or not some tiles warp you or which are levels.
- The game was rushed for a January 2013 release date, resulting in significant technical issues and major glitches not found in the original Super Mario World.
- The music is inconsistent in sound quality, with some songs using soundfonts from various SNES RPGs, and others only using the vanilla SMW soundfont.
- A lot of the custom ASM and enemies were lifted from Brutal Mario.
- Very detailed graphics taken from other SNES games, and most music ports are passable, and some are even really good. (the sampled port, some of the japanese ports except for carol's).
- There is a wide variety of custom enemies.
- The graphics style, while not completely uniform, is executed decently.