Madden NFL 07 (PS3/360)
Madden NFL 07 is a football video game developed by EA Tiburon and published by Electronic Arts released on August 22nd, 2006. This page covers the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 versions of the game only.
Why It Sucks
- Gameplay remains rough due to the broken gaming engine introduced in Madden NFL 06 (Xbox 360).
- Super sluggish and confusing menu system, a problem among many that has plagued commonly all EA Sports games for many years.
- Unbearable framerate severely damaging the game's responsiveness.
- Presentation is bare bones.
- Dull, uninspired commentary that is provided by a generic un-named radio announcer instead of Al Michaels and John Madden once again.
- Franchise mode is extremely shallow once again, and there isn't even an owner mode!
- No ability to edit players.
- Awquard animations and various physical bugs.
- AI is still braindead.
- Weak sound design.
- No Tony Bruno radio show.
- At least not as stripped down as Madden NFL 06 (Xbox 360).
- Great graphics for the time.
- Superstar mode is at least included this time, although it is inferior to the previous generation versions.
- At least, the Xbox 360 version features Create-a-player mode.
- At least it still has the same excellent soundtrack as the sixth-gen versions.
Despite positive reception from critics (80 and 76 on Metacritic), a glaring sign of bribery, these two versions of this game are considered by fans to be two of the worst of the franchise.