Madagascar 3: The Video Game
Madagascar 3: The Video Game is a 2012 action-adventure game based on the film Madagascar 3: Europe's Most Wanted. The PS3, Xbox 360, and Wii versions were developed by Monkey Bar Games. The Nintendo DS and 3DS titles were developed by Torus Games.
A PS Vita version was planned but it was never released, due to negative reception.
Why it Sucks
- A ridiculous story that does not follow the movie and instead it takes place after the movie. But this game was released about 2 MONTHS after the movie!
- The Wii, DS and 3DS version have poor looking textures. The Wii version, however, is HORRIBLE and looks more like an early PS2 game than a Wii game. Even the first game on the DS looked better and that was 2005 and the second game on Wii and DS looked better and that was 2008.
- The minigames are not that fun.
- Boring looking loading screens which shows the train from the movie-going to the next location you are going to play next and it shows the main characters as... Chess figures?
- The characters move so slow. Especially when you're disguised.
- The Dubois will be EVERYWHERE during the story and during the gameplay, they are annoying, and they will catch you, no matter what. The only way to avoid them without getting spotted is by... You guessed it; being disguised.
- Most cutscenes show Phil and King Julien talking about the story of the game, which shows that the developers were too lazy to make any cutscene.
- The Penguins Of Madagascar aren't playable, unlike other games.
- No PC version. While the other two games had a PC version, this one doesn’t.
- Lame exploration.
- This was the only game not to be made by Activision and Toys for Bob at all.
- The graphics in the Xbox 360 and the PS3 Versions don't look so bad and they are very comparable to the ones from Pac-Man And The Ghostly Adventures.
- The menu screen looks promising.
- The music is not bad at all.
- The characters have the same voice actors, feeling like a true Madagascar game.
Unlike the other game's it received negative reviews. Metacritic scored the game 45/100 "generally unfavorable reviews".