MTV Sports: Skateboarding featuring Andy Macdonald
MTV Sports: Skateboarding featuring Andy Macdonald (sometimes shortened to simply MTV Sports: Skateboarding) is a 2000 skateboarding game developed by Darkblack and published by THQ for the PlayStation, Sega Dreamcast, Microsoft Windows and Game Boy Color.
Why It Sucks
NOTE: This page does not cover the Game Boy Color version.
- Poor and confusing controls, such as using the L and R triggers to spin in mid-air and maintain your balance on rails.
- The game features a lot of levels, but most of them are uninspired rampfests, without the nice flowing lines contained in other skate games that were out at the time.
- While the game runs at a tolerable frame rate most of the time, when you're looking at a larger section of the level, the game becomes extremely choppy.
- Some of the tricks look OK, but the utter lack of transition animations makes your skater look like some sort of evil skating robot.
- The crashes are especially awful, as your skater seems to warp from the start of the crash to immediately laying on the ground. Sometimes, you'll fly full speed into a wall and your skater will simply stop moving - no wreck, no "ugh" noise, no nothing.
- The game also includes music videos for the songs featured in the soundtrack.