Knights Contract is an action-adventure hack and slash video game developed by Game Republic, and published by Namco Bandai Games. The game was released on February 22, 2011, for the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 systems.
Why It Sucks
- Horrible camera and voice acting.
- Repetitive and tedious combat.
- The entire game is an escort mission.
- Gretchen, the protagonist´s companion is annoying instead of being helpful since she usually gets in way when attacking, thus getting hurt, not to mention her horrible AI and the fact that you must heal her constantly instead of healing herself with her magic.
- Boring plot, uninteresting characters and a lame villain.
- Inferior graphics compared to other titles released before this game.
- Way too many quick time events.
- Annoying boss battles due to the hard controls and Gretchen´s horrible AI.
- Some enemy designs are pretty good and gruesome.
- A decent soundtrack.
Knights Contract received mixed, but mostly negative reviews due to many issues, such as slow pacing, tedious combat, bad AI, uninteresting characters, etc.
The PlayStation 3 version received "mixed" reviews, while the Xbox 360 version received "generally unfavourable" reviews according to video game review aggregator Metacritic.
IGN gave this a 3.5 out of 10 for both Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 versions.