King's Knight is a 1986 scrolling shooter video game by Square for the Nintendo Entertainment System and MSX. The game was released in Japan on September 18, 1986, and in North America in 1989. It was later re-released for the Wii's Virtual Console in Japan on November 27, 2007 and in North America on March 24, 2008. This would be followed by a release on the Virtual Console in Japan on February 4, 2015 for 3DS and July 6, 2016 for Wii U.
The MSX port was developed by Cancel is Actually not so bad, But the NES port is bad.
Why It Sucks
Note: The NES port was developed by Workss/Bits Laboratory, which they also did Ghostbusters on NES, both Games are poor, Most reasons listed apply to the NES version.
- Toby's stage is way too hard.
- Poor graphics.
- Boring story.
- Hard dungeons.
- There is one actual stage you have to collect 4 certain (rare) power ups for each character to actually be able to beat the game.
- The final boss is mediocre.
- You have to have everyone to beat the game.
- You can't change characters with a press of a button. Instead, you have to move over a specific arrow that changes it for you and they are everywhere so you might pick up one that you didn't mean to and die.
The Only Redeeming Quality
- Cover art it's really nice for NES using anime style.