Kill the Powerpuff Girls
Warning! This article is NSFW!
This article may contain content unsuitable for readers under eighteen years or older.
The Kill the Powerpuff Girls series (also known as the Operation Powerpuff series, according to their loading screens) is a series of Flash games created by Newgrounds user H3 (real name: Henry Tseng), based on the Cartoon Network series The Powerpuff Girls. There are three games in the series, one for each Powerpuff Girl, with Kill Blossom released in December 18, 2000, Kill Bubbles released 25 days later, in January 11, 2001 and Kill Buttercup released 1 year, 2 months and 29 days later, in April 8, 2002.
Why They Suck
- It's an absolutely awful and disgusting concept for a game, as the games focus on killing the Powerpuff Girls in horrific and grotesque ways, which is terrible and scarring especially to fans of PPG, and perhaps even non-fans due to the subject matter.
- The mission briefings don’t offer a reason why the girls should be killed, making it look like the developer is looking to hate and kill the PPG out of spite.
- It even goes as far as to insult the girls, like calling Blossom a ‘bitch’, calling Bubbles ‘ugly’ (and a ‘stupid bitch’) and calling Buttercup a ‘slut’ (and a ‘dumb stupid bitch’) which is uncalled for, especially since they did nothing wrong!
- Gameplay goes from too easy to practically nonexistent. There is no challenge and barely any interactivity for what is essentially an interactive movie, and unless the player purposefully loses, you won’t lose.
- The names of the games aren’t even consistent, with the Newgrounds projects called Kill Blossom/Bubbles/Buttercup and the game loading screen calling it Operation Powerpuff Blossom/Bubbles/Buttercup.
- The audios seem to be taken from different sources, including some Powerpuff Girls episodes and Duke Nukem 3D.
- Just like Arthur's Nightmare, the game just insults the show itself in general.
- In the description of the Blossom and Bubbles games, they didn't even spell “assassinate” correctly. (They spell it as “Assasinate”)
- The games are incredibly short (Blossom is the shortest of all of them) with all the games totaling under five minutes.
- The graphics are quite poor, with a lot of shape tweens, especially in Kill Bubbles.
- It’s not easy to position the wire in the Bubbles game since there is a small clickable space that is hard to get to.
- Kill Buttercup is the only game that involves any keyboard input, and it and the other games are mostly mouse clicks.
- If you somehow manage to lose the Fighting Buttercup part of the Buttercup game, the game insults you by saying “Knocked out by a little girl? Pussy you”
- It tries way too hard to be edgy with graphic violence and strong language, especially since it’s a series of games based on a cartoon mainly aimed at kids.
- Kill Bubbles insults the beta testers by calling them “idiotic” and “useless”
- Each game just gets progressively more violent.
- In the Blossom game, you shoot her down while she’s flying, and then while she’s on the ground you shoot her 3 times. When you've shot her enough times you throw a grenade in her mouth (by simply clicking her mouth) and her head explodes (but not before she sheds a single tear). It sounds graphic (and it is) but it’s actually the tamest of all of them! The others, as previously said, get even more violent!
- In the Bubbles game, you set a dog trap outside and Bubbles goes outside to pet it. While that happens, you set off the trap and which gasses Bubbles causing her to pass out. When she wakes up you proceed to shave her hair off (which is just a cinematic, not even that’s interactive), and then she starts to cry, which makes the player feel bad (but clearly not the developer). Afterwards, you electrocute her with a high voltage wire against the puddle of her tears with her eyes popping out. She starts to fly about despite the fact she’s been electrocuted and then you repeatedly shoot her and cause her limbs to fly off! It sounds like the most violent game out of the lot, but no…
- In the Buttercup game, you knock Buttercup out 4 times by clicking on the screen whenever she appears. After that, you see a defeated Buttercup with bloodshot eyes, and you take out a sledgehammer and stab her with a stake by hammering it four times. At the end of all this, you spam the space bar in order to make Buttercup a dead freak, complete with her eyes and jaw coming off!
- List of songs that were played
- Too $hort - I'm a Player (Title screen music)
- Akinyele, Kia Jeffries - Put It in Your Mouth (Killing Blossom)
- Nine Inch Nails - Closer (Gassing Bubbles)
- Storm - Time To Burn (Shaving Bubbles' hair off)
- 2 Live Crew - Pop That P#$$y (Shooting Bubbles)
- The Chemical Brothers - Block Rockin' Beats (Buttercup's payback)
- The Prodigy - Breathe (Buttercup's payback, part 2)
- The Powerpuff Girls Theme Song (Fighting Buttercup)
- Prozzak - Sucks To Be You (Hammering Buttercup)
- The Powerpuff Girls Ending Theme (Ending Credits)
- Kill Blossom is one of H3's first flash game.