The Masked Rider: Kamen Rider ZO
The Masked Rider: Kamen Rider ZO (仮面ライダーZO Kamen Raidā Zetto Ō) is an FMV game made by Toei Video and based on the tokusatsu movie Kamen Rider ZO. It was released on the Sega Mega-CD and was the very first Kamen Rider installment to be released in North America, predating Saban’s Masked Rider. The fight footage from this movie was used in the said adaptation, only limited to Doras (Destructasphere) and Kumo Woman (second form of Arachnida) while Koumori Man (Parasect) was present without a fight footage.
It is widely considered to be single worst Kamen Rider game ever made.
Why It Sucks
- The whole "game" is actually just the entire movie. All you need to do is push the correct buttons when the game" tells you to do so in a sad attempt to simulate Dragon's Lair. It gets even worse if you hated the movie unless you're a Kamen Rider fan.
- Ear-bleedingly bad sound quality, along with a poor English dub.
- Terrible framerate, even by "1990’s FMV game" standards.
- No replay value whatsoever.
- To add insult to injury, the English version replaced the movie's ending theme, "Ai Ga Tomaranai" (愛が止まらない, "Love Doesn't Stop") by INFIX with the instrumental rendition of it by the localization team despite the fact that the English version kept Eiji Kawamura's score from the Japanese version throughout the film/"game" and even Toei had an existing instrumental version of this theme!
The Only Redeeming Quality
- It is the first Kamen Rider game to be released in North America.